Solar plexus chakra, also known as the manipura chakra is the 3rd energy point of the spiritual body that is associated with self confidence, personal growth and transformation.
A blockage in the solar plexus is clear indication of low self-esteem and high anxiety felt as a physical symptom manifested in the body.
Solar plexus chakra has fire as its element and is represented by the yellow color. An open solar plexus chakra enables you to develop high will power and gives you the strength to accomplish your goals.
All chakras are said to be balanced when they have optimal levels of energy flow (also known as the prana) across them. You can either be deficient (underactive) in energy or in excess (overactive) of it. Both of these scenarios are bad for you.
Here’s a list of symptoms that indicate a blocked solar plexus chakra:
- Lack of self-esteem and low confidence (underactive solar plexus chakra).
- You have high anxiety.
- High dependency on other people.
- Inability to take your own decisions.
- You’re always feel like a victim in almost all situations.
- You feel angry, aggressive, and need to control others (overactive solar plexus chakra)
- You practice unhealthy lifestyle.
- You like to pass judgment on other people.
- You suffer from physical ailments such as, bloating and constipation, laziness, fatigue, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, etc.
Balancing the solar plexus chakra gives us the ability to build high self-esteem, confidence, and the ability to take action in order to make a transformative change in our life. It allows us to control our thoughts and also gives us the courage to build healthy boundaries with people.
So if you’re amongst those people who like to dream big but fail miserably when it comes to taking action to achieve your goals, you doubt your own capabilities, you feel you’re unworthy of achieving great things in life, you need to balance your solar plexus chakra.
Recipes for Solar Plexus Healing
The food we eat has a major impact on our mind and body. There’s a great saying that “we are what we eat”. Eating healthy food is the first step to healing any chakra, let alone the solar plexus.
It is a widely known fact that eating foods high in sugar and carbohydrates can negatively impact your mood. Hence, the recipes I have mentioned here are low in carbs, high in protein and fiber, and are easily digestible, giving you more energy.
Now I’m going to share some easy to make recipes that help in opening the solar the plexus chakra. You will notice that most of these recipes are yellowish in color – yellow is the color of the solar plexus with fire as its primary element.
Turmeric Milk (Golden Milk) Recipe
- 1 ½ cup milk (you can use any milk of your choice – almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil (or clarified butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 crushed cardamom pods
- A pinch of cinnamon for garnishing (optional)
Steps to make golden milk are as follows:
- If you’re allergic to milk or have lactose intolerance, you can replace it with rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or soy milk. Add cold milk into a pan and place the pan on the burner.
- Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder (preferably freshly grated from turmeric root) as soon as the milk starts to boil. Also, add the crushed green cardamom pods, ginger, black pepper, and coconut oil (or clarified butter, aka Ghee).
- When the mixture starts boiling, simmer the flame of the burner and keep it there for another 2 to 3 minutes, and then switch off the burner and allow the milk to cool for about five more minutes.
- Finally, put the milk (preferably without straining the contents) in a glass mug and serve warm. It usually happens that the turmeric settles down at the bottom. Just stir the milk with spoon until all the turmeric is evenly distributed.
In India, people generally use pots made of clay (also known as kulhad in the local dialect) to drink golden milk. It gives an earthly essence, flavor and fragrance to the milk. However, this is not an absolute requirement and using a regular glass mug is absolutely fine.
The reason why we mix pepper with turmeric is because it activates an ingredient in turmeric known as curcumin. Curcumin is a powerful anti-oxidant and natural anti-inflammatory compound. Black pepper helps in enhancing the absorption of curcumin into our bloodstream.
- Helps relieving inflammation in body.
- Helps with weight loss.
- Promotes sound sleep.
- Reduces acne and pimples.
- Boosts Immunity.
- Helps in cold and cough.
Time to Consume – Should be consumed either in the morning or before going to bed. For best results drink it 1 hour before going to bed. It will have a calming effect on your mind, thereby promoting sound sleep.
Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe
Smoothie’s are a personal favorite of mine. It is light on the stomach and very filling at the same time.
- 1 large banana.
- 2 or 3 cut slices of pineapple.
- 1 cup curd (or Greek yogurt).
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (or chia seeds)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup.
- 2 to 3 ice cubes.
Take a blender and put evenly cut slices of pineapple in it along with curd or Greek yogurt. Cut the banana into small pieces and throw them in the blender along with a tablespoon of flax seeds and some ice cubes.
If you want higher protein, you can throw in some peanut butter. Finally, put a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup and blend the mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes. If the mixture is thick, you can add some water to dilute.
- Bananas are rich in potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C. It keeps the bones healthy and also promotes better sleep.
- Pineapple is reach in fiber, vitamin C, and manganese. It has anti-inflammatory properties and also aids in digestion.
- Greek yogurt along with peanut butter provides high amount of protein. The fiber combined with protein keeps you satiated for a long period of time and helps in fighting sugar cravings.
Time to Consume – It is ideal to drink this smoothie as a part of the breakfast, as it keeps your hunger in check for the rest of the day. Although, there is no hard and fast rule. You can also drink it in the evening.
Other Foods for Solar Plexus Chakra
The recipes mentioned above are delicious and easy to make. Most of the times I drink smoothie in the morning to kick start my day, and in the evening, I drink the turmeric golden milk just half an hour before going to bed.
There are some other foods ideas that are helpful in balancing the solar plexus chakra.
- Herbal teas such as chamomile, lemongrass, lemonade, and lemon balm.
- Adding ginger to you food. As I’m a regular tea drinker, I usually grate a small piece of ginger into my tea. Not only does that enhance the flavor of the tea, but also helps in speeding up the digestion process.
- Lemon juice sweetened with honey.
- Adding small quantity of saffron to rice enhances the taste and also gives it a nice yellow color.
- Chewing on raw fennel seeds after a meal.
- Eating foods that are associated with solar plexus, such as, oats, sweet potatoes, lemons, yellow lentils, corn, etc.
- Drink fresh juices like peach, mango, pineapple, etc.
In addition to the above recipes, there are many other ways to heal the solar plexus, if you want to explore more, you can check out my article Healing the Solar Plexus Chakra Blockage, where I talk about meditation, essential oils, healing crystals, affirmations, and more.
Take care and have a nice day.