Subscribe To Get Your Free E-Book "Cultivating Deep Awareness"
We don't spam. We respect your privacy. Your email is safe with us. Unsubscribe anytime.
Practicing chakra affirmations is a great way to clear energy blocks. The following powerful affirmations can either be spoken out loud or silently repeated in the mind. If you feel that your chakras need healing, practice affirmations daily for maximum benefit.
Although you can practice affirmations any time of the day, in my personal experience, it is best to repeat them either in the morning (first thing) or in the evening before going to bed, or both.
Morning time is said to be the best because we are well-rested after a good night’s sleep, and our mind is fresh. However, there’s no hard and fast rule to it.
The most important thing to understand is that you recite these affirmations with full conviction, even if you don’t believe in some of them initially.
I understand that most of you keep busy with work and family stuff and rarely get time for yourself.
But it’s important to realize that we have a small window of opportunities during a day when we can practice chakra affirmations without compromising on work or family time.
You can practice affirmations in small time periods such as:
- When you are waiting for your turn in the queue.
- While having a bath.
- While you are standing near the printer and waiting for the printouts.
- While you are waiting to enter a meeting.
- When you are in the washroom.
- Before going to bed (very effective).
- While commuting to and from work.
We start using our smartphones as soon as we get a little time alone. That’s one of the mechanisms to avoid troubling thoughts. But it does not rid us of the source of our problems. It’s just a diversion. The afflicting thoughts come back to haunt us.
Whenever you get a little bit of time alone, your mind springs up troubling thoughts, and you unconsciously get immersed in them losing yourself in the process. We can effectively replace such negative thoughts with positive affirmations and easily make time for such an activity.
The best part is that you don’t have to allocate any additional time from your work schedule to practice affirmations. You can simply make use of time spent in mundane activities (where you operate in auto-pilot mode), which do not require high focus.
Practicing yoga is extremely effective in opening and healing the chakras and ensures overall wellness. Yoga International is offering online courses with a 30-day-free-trail. It has over 500 expert teachers in yoga therapy, anatomy, meditation, and more. Learn at your own pace and from the comfort of your home.
Affiliate Disclosure: If you click the link above and decide to purchase the course, I get paid a small fee that helps me to create valuable content for you, and it doesn’t cost you any extra amount.
Practicing root chakra affirmations is an extremely effective way to open and heal the grounding root chakra energy, the first chakra of the spiritual body, associated with survival, safety, security, and vitality, positioned near the base of the spine.
Root chakra can either be deficient or in access to energy. In both these cases, the root chakra is said to be imbalanced. An imbalance of energy, or prana, within this chakra can cause many psychosomatic issues.
The imbalanced root chakra is associated with restlessness, irritability, insecurity, lack of focus, financial problems, dysfunctional relationships, codependency, and much more.
In the context of physical health, the imbalanced root chakra is indicated by pain in the lower back region, constipation, bladder pain, hypertension, and problems in the lower part of the body.
Featured Audio (mp3) Course – Root Chakra Healing
Root chakra forms the strong foundation for physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual development. Reclaim your freedom and sense of security, stability, and vitality by harnessing the power of root chakra energy. Check out the Root Chakra Course (Instant Download).
Balancing the root chakra is important for survival and materialistic needs such as food, shelter, clothing, physical and mental health, and financial stability.
Fear is the main reason why the root chakra gets blocked in the first place. All of our fears experienced from childhood to adult get accumulated in the root chakra and cause blockages.
As children, our root chakra is generally open, which is why children are always happy and joyful. But as we grow into adults, we are negatively conditioned by society and people at large.
Our needs and wants are greatly exaggerated, and we start believing that we need to compete and crush others to move ahead in life. This kind of thinking awakens the animalistic instinct within us, and we start believing in our fears.
How Does Practicing Affirmation Helps in Balancing the Root Chakra?
Affirmations are short positive statements that, when repeated over time, create positive imprints within our subconscious mind—the very act of repeating affirmations over and over again conditions our mind to overcome fear.
Whenever we are alone, our mind tends to bring up negative thoughts. We don’t realize this, but we keep on repeating negative affirmations unconsciously throughout the day.
Just notice how your mind keeps generating negative thoughts like “I’m not good enough”, “What if I fall sick”, “I’m not worthy of success”, “Nobody likes me”, “I don’t look good”, “I’m not confident”, “I’m not capable”, “I don’t have the courage”, and much more.
When we operate unconsciously in auto-pilot mode, we ingrain our subconscious mind with negative thoughts. That’s the reason why we feel stressed and anxious all the time.
What needs to be here is to change this habit of negative thinking into a positive one. For example, if you are facing a lot of stress at this stage of your life, keep repeating, “I’ll be okay, I’ll be taken care of, I’m relaxed and cool”.
Initially, this might sound ridiculous, and you might not believe in it, but as you keep repeating these positive affirmations, your mind will gradually start believing in them.
The best way to practice root chakra affirmations is to imagine a red-colored object in your mind while you’re repeating the words. Again, you don’t have to close your eyes or speak out the words aloud.
Root Chakra Affirmations
- I am safe.
- My family is safe and secure.
- I am fearless.
- I am grounded.
- I am abundant.
- I am financially secure.
- I feel strong connection with mother earth.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am worthy of success.
- I love myself.
- I am confident.
- I have a healthy body.
- I am a positive person.
- I ready to accept support from others.
- I’m independent and strong
- I will make it on my own.
- I am worthy of respect.
- I release all of my doubts and worries.
- I will be supported by the universe.
- I love my life.
- I will be taken care of.
- I’m emotionally strong person.
The sacral chakra is said to be the center of pleasure and enjoyment. While the root chakra is associated with basic materialistic needs and survival, the sacral chakra further enables us to experience a pleasure.
Sacral or Swadhishthana chakra is the second chakra of the spiritual body located near the region of the genitals (for both males and females) approximately two inches below the belly button.
Sexual gratification is a basic human need, but many people are not able to experience the joy of it simply because their sacral chakra is not functioning properly.
Having a balanced sacral chakra enhances your sexual experience and helps in improving your relationship with your partner by creating that emotional connection that was missing earlier.
The sacral chakra is associated with the power of creativity. It facilitates the process of creation of life by transferring the ‘prana’ (the life-giving force). The element associated with the sacral chakra is water representing fluidity and movement.
Water has the power to smooth out rough edges, and that’s what the sacral chakra does to us. It smoothens the rough edges around us and also the other people we know by giving us the power of emotional control.
People with imbalanced sacral chakra are unable to enjoy and experience the basic pleasures of life. They are rough with other people and often struggle with interpersonal relationships. Affirmations can go a long way in healing the sacral chakra.
Symptoms of Dysfunctional Sacral Chakra
An imbalanced sacral chakra is either deficient or in excess of energy (the prana). There are problems associated with both of these conditions.
Here’s a list of a few symptoms that indicate an imbalanced within the sacral chakra:
- Dependency on other people (a sign of underactive sacral chakra)
- You’re too controlling and bossy (a sign of overactive sacral chakra).
- Lack of confidence.
- You often engage in daydreaming and fantasy.
- You are unable to manage and regulate your emotions.
- Fear of intimacy and a lack of sexual desire.
- You are shy.
- You try to manipulate others.
- You feel jealous of others.
- You’re unable to express your emotions.
- You feel yourself to be unworthy of pleasures of life.
- Anxiety and depression.
- You engage excessively in addictions like smoking, drinking, drugs, and more.
- You eat a lot of junk food.
- You lack creative thinking (you fail miserably even when you try hard to be creative)
- You often become anxious and aggressive.
- You struggle with decision making.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
- I deserve to enjoy life.
- I’m peaceful inside.
- I’m a sexual being and I embrace my sexuality.
- My sexuality is sacred.
- I deserve sexual pleasure.
- I have no fear of intimacy.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I’m confident about my body and looks.
- I’m confident about my sexuality.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
- I will treat others with respect.
- I will respect other people’s boundaries.
- I will not allow anyone to violate my boundaries.
- I allow creative energy to freely flow within me.
- I’m not dependent on others.
It is said that the sacral chakra is connected to the subconscious mind. Therefore, sacral chakra affirmations help in reprogramming the subconscious mind, which is believed to be the center of infinite potential and creativity.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra is the energy center within our spiritual body associated with positive self-development, self-belief, self-worth, self-confidence, and personal power.
The solar plexus chakra (Manipura) lies about two inches above the belly button region. It is represented in yellow color and has the fire element that signifies the sun’s power within us.
The radiance and brightness of this inner sun have tremendous transformational power in every aspect of our lives. If you’re struggling with low self-esteem and have difficulties realizing goals, it’s likely that your lower chakras are blocked or imbalanced, especially the solar plexus.
Balancing the solar plexus chakra gives an empowering control over our thoughts, feelings, and emotions in a way that we don’t let our psychological state interfere with our goals. Instead, it gives us the courage to be our authentic selves and move ahead even in the most unfavorable circumstances.
It makes us more self-reliant and removes the toxic codependency we have on others. We learn to rely on our intuition and judgment instead of controlling or manipulating others to achieve our goals.
While goals are easy to achieve by manipulating others, it’s extremely unhealthy to behave in this manner. The success earned this way never gives fulfillment, joy, and happiness. Instead, it creates resentment, anger, anxiety, self-loathing and further lowers our self-esteem.
It’s because somewhere inside, we carry the guilt that we’ve cheated our way to success. Our mind-body complex keeps a record of every karmic action we perform in some way or the other. Healing the solar-plexus removes this type of unhealthy thinking.
The solar plexus gives us the courage and confidence to take steps forward in the direction of self-mastery and personal growth. It helps us realize our real potential.
Symptoms of Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra
As mentioned above, the solar plexus chakra helps us realize our true potential and provides the fuel to accomplish our life goals. It creates a strong sense of purpose in those who are clueless and living life in default mode. The life-force energy flowing in and out of this chakra facilitates this.
However, an obstruction in the flow of life-force energy can cause significant problems within the solar plexus, which also impacts other chakras.
An imbalanced or blocked solar plexus can manifest as physical and psychological ailments, which is nature’s way of warning us that something is wrong and that we need to take corrective actions.
Some of the psychological symptoms associated with solar plexus chakra blockage are as follows:
- Lack of confidence.
- Low self-esteem.
- Lack of purpose & direction in life.
- Emotion dysregulation.
- Need to control others excessively.
- Misusing power and positions of authority.
- Signs of codependency.
- Inability to make decisions.
- Failure to take action to realize your goals.
- Low inner-strength & weak resolution power.
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
Affirmations play a massive role in reprogramming the subconscious mind. When repeated daily over time, we can transform our limiting beliefs to beliefs of abundance and growth. It opens up the solar plexus chakra and facilitates optimal energy flow.
Here’s the list of affirmations:
- I make my own decisions.
- I don’t need the approval of others.
- I am powerful.
- I am confident.
- I am strong.
- I am proactive.
- I am peaceful inside.
- I am authentic.
- I will accomplish my goals.
- I’m motivated to pursue my passions in life.
- I deserve success.
- I never misuse my power.
- I am clear about my purpose in life.
- I take responsibility for my emotions.
- I have high self-esteem.
- I don’t control & manipulate others.
- I’m not jealous of other people’s success.
- I’m worthy of success.
- I have a lot to offer the world.
- I’m not dependent on others.
Repeating the solar plexus chakra affirmations help cultivate the seed of personal power and inner strength.
The heart chakra is known as the seat of love, and it is associated with compassion, kindness, forgiveness, altruism, respect, and unconditional love. Practicing heart chakra affirmations is one of the most effective ways of healing heart energy.
The heart is always regarded as the symbol of love because it is said to be the home of true divinity or unconditional love, i.e., the soul. The heart chakra, as the name implies, is located in the region of the heart.
We intuitively know that our soul resides in our hearts. Have you ever wondered why we place a hand on the heart when we are in some shock or a life-threatening situation? Why does the heart start beating rapidly (why don’t other organs show signs of distress)? We don’t even have to think – it’s an instant reaction.
We instinctively place our hand on the heart when there is a threatening situation; compare that with the fact that we put our hand on the head when we do something stupid. The heart chakra element is ‘air,’ which corresponds to the life-force energy, or prana, that provides vitality to the mind-body complex.
This life-force energy is a subtle component and should never be confused with the air that we breathe.
The energy of the heart chakra enables us to understand our interconnectedness with the entire existence. It opens our hearts to give and receive unconditional love, build strong relationships, develop genuine compassion and empathy for ourselves and others.
People with blocked heart chakra have difficulties communicating their emotions. They fail to express physical, emotional, and sexual intimacy, and that creates problems in relationships. Fear holds them back, and they are often unwilling to work on themselves.
The blockage we create to protect ourselves from toxic energies also blocks the positive influences. A closed heart creates sensitivity that fails to differentiate between positive vibes and negative ones. We become overly sensitive and misinterpret the kind gestures of people who mean well. We look at them with suspicion.
Activating the chakras align our energy with universal cosmic energy, and opening the heart plays a significant role. It makes us more accepting of ourselves and others. Only by realizing our true nature, which is nothing other than pure unconditional love, do we become awaken the divinity within.
Symptoms of Heart Chakra Blockage
A painful reality of life is that no matter how much we try to protect ourselves, we cannot remain unscathed. Therefore, it is typical for the heart chakra to get blocked. We become cynical, skeptical, isolated, and untrusting of others.
It’s a defense mechanism of the mind to protect ourselves from getting hurt. However, this becomes pathological in the long run, and we end up hurting ourselves more, both physically and psychologically. Additionally, it stunts personal growth and blocks the lower chakras of the spiritual body.
Some of the symptoms of the blocked heart chakra are as follows:
- Inability to forgive.
- Holding Grudges.
- Failure to let go of the past.
- Trust issues with others.
- Dependency on others.
- Suppression of emotions.
- Low compassion and empathy.
- Feelings of anger, jealousy, resentment, and revenge.
- Feelings of loneliness.
- Seeking validation from others.
All the chakras are stimulated by practicing simple self-care routines (that most people ignore and dismiss) like workouts, walking, yoga, eating healthy (check out the sattvic foods guide), deep breathing, meditation, using essential oils (aromatherapy), spending less time on screens, adequate sleep, and more.
Heart Chakra Affirmations
- I forgive myself for the mistakes I committed.
- I forgive those who were unkind to me.
- The radiant green light of pure love ignites in my heart.
- I love myself, unconditionally.
- I love all beings unconditionally.
- I release my feelings of hatred, resentment, and revenge.
- I release grudges I hold for others.
- I’m confident.
- I’m independent.
- I release feelings of anger.
- I’m in complete control of my emotions.
- I don’t allow people to upset/trigger me emotionally.
- I’m the source of infinite unconditional love and bliss.
- I don’t engage in unhealthy behaviors.
- I’m trustworthy.
- I’m worthy of unconditional love.
- I open to receive the loving energy of the universe.
- I treat others with kindness.
- I feel empathy for others.
- It is safe to give and receive love.
- I feel extreme gratitude.
- I feel great compassion for myself and others.
- I live in the present.
The above affirmations reach our subconscious and replace limiting beliefs, fears, and insecurities with courage, abundance, and fearlessness.
Throat chakra (Vishuddha) is the fifth chakra of the spiritual body located near the region of the throat and is associated with speech, hearing, and communication.
It helps in developing powerful communication skills, expressing yourself authentically without any doubt or fear, and generating the confidence to speak the truth.
Not only that, but it also heightens your ability to think creatively by sharpening the mind. It gives you the power to speak your mind by providing clarity in your thoughts.
Effective communication is the key to success in both personal and professional life, and healing your throat chakra by practicing affirmations enables you to achieve that.
Symptoms of Blocked Throat Chakra
There are two types of throat chakra imbalances: overactive and underactive. If the energy flow within the throat chakra is in excess, the chakra is said to be overactive, and if the energy flow is less, it is said to be underactive. Both of these conditions are undesirable and have their own associated problems.
Energy imbalance within the throat chakra can cause a wide variety of problems; some of them can manifest in the form of physical ailments while the others can be psychological.
Some of the physical symptoms that you might experience are as follows:
- Thyroid problems
- Soreness in the throat.
- Dizziness, tiredness, and fatigue.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Pain in the shoulder and at the base of the neck.
- Restlessness and anxiety.
- Mouth ulcers.
- Dental Issues.
Symptoms of underactive throat chakra:
- You feel scared of expressing your opinions to others for the fear of being judged, mocked, and ridiculed.
- You have weak focus and concentration.
- You’re unable to keep yourself grounded.
- You suppress your true thoughts and feelings.
- You’re bullied by people.
- You are a people-pleaser.
Symptoms of overactive throat chakra:
- You lack the ability to listen to other people (impatience).
- You constantly interrupt people while they speak.
- You have an overactive (racing) mind, and as a result, you make poor decisions in life.
- You are often perceived as loud, aggressive, and sometimes even arrogant.
- You’re never able to express your true thoughts and feelings.
- You showcase high confidence on the outside, but on the inside, you feel threatened.
Throat Chakra Affirmations
Here is a list of 20 powerful throat chakra affirmations that you can practice every day to heal your throat chakra.
- I speak truth.
- I listen to truth.
- I am the pure eternal consciousness and bliss.
- I trust others.
- I’m not scared to speak my mind.
- My intent is always clear and noble when I speak.
- My voice is clear and powerful.
- I feel compassion toward others.
- I don’t engage in gossips and criticism.
- I am grounded.
- I am pure awareness.
- I have access to my higher self for guidance and support.
- I am open to receiving messages from my angels.
- I am peaceful.
- I am full of creative ideas.
- I don’t interrupt others while they speak.
- I’m confident about myself.
- I have a sharp mind.
- What I do, I do it with full conviction and dedication.
- I am honest and authentic in my speech and actions.
Signs That Your Throat Chakra is Opening
You experience the following when your throat chakra starts healing:
- You feel more confident in expressing your thoughts and ideas.
- There’s great clarity in your communications. This ability reduces the chances of miscommunication with others and improves relationships in general.
- You feel more calm and relaxed.
- You can feel that your immune system has improved.
- You’re no more a people-pleaser.
- You no more like to engage in gossips and criticism. In fact, you cannot stand the company of people who do that.
- You are more creative in your work.
- Your mind becomes extremely sharp. Your power of focus and concentration greatly improves.
- You become more resilient emotionally.
- You’re able to keep yourself grounded in uncertain situations.
- The way you speak (and your choice of words and fluency) has a greater impact on people.
- You become more spiritual.
- You become a good listener.
- You feel greater compassion and empathy for other people.
In general, when your throat chakra opens up, we don’t obsess over our own personal goals and selfish agendas. It ignites the passion to serve humanity.
The third eye chakra is associated with clairvoyance, clairsentience, psychic abilities, vision, knowledge, wisdom, intuition, and higher consciousness. It is also known as the “Eye of Shiva.”
The wisdom and knowledge referred to here are different from the worldly knowledge we usually talk about.
This knowledge refers to the absolute truth and the supreme realization of oneness that is the all-pervading infinite consciousness.
When the third eye awakens, our life force energy is operating at its maximum. It marks the beginning of a new understanding that we are not separate from existence and that we are sentient beings experiencing ourselves as the limited consciousness.
Most people begin the third eye awakening process thinking that once the eye opens, they will achieve something of higher significance. Call it an awakening, enlightenment, or whatever you wish it to be.
But when the third eye awakens, the illusory nature of perceived reality breaks down. We understand that there is nothing to achieve. There is nothing to be other than the “being” we are.
Worldly concepts like money, fame, recognition, admiration, and happiness lose significance. There comes an understanding that what we were seeking was always there. We just never saw it earlier.
That is why I feel that most of the world is not prepared for the third eye awakening. It breaks down the identifications that we fiercely guard all our life. And for those who are not ready, this may be an extremely uncomfortable feeling.
The third eye chakra is associated with the pineal gland, the master gland located in the center of the brain, behind the CenterPoint of the eyes. It helps in producing melatonin, which helps regulate the hormones and maintain the circadian rhythm. According to science, it is one of the most mysterious and misunderstood of all glands.
What Causes The Third Eye Chakra Blockage?
There’s a lot of misinformation about the blocking of the third eye chakra, and various people have come up with explanations of why it gets blocked.
However, the truth, in my opinion, is that we are all born with our third eye chakra closed. It is the reason why we have to undertake the journey of life. Only through the process of awakening can we open our third eye. It is something extremely powerful.
If you ask me why this happens? What is the purpose behind it? My answer is, I DON’T KNOW. What I do know is that life is an opportunity for us to realize abiding unconditional love, peace, and bliss.
It is an opportunity for us to break free from the trap of ideologies and beliefs and gain access to new dimensions of existence. It is an opportunity to be free from the bondage of the burdensome conditioned mind that forms illusions and causes pain and suffering. Once activated, the third eye opens up all the lower chakras.
So if you ask me, the blocked third eye chakra symptoms are more or less similar to the ones experienced in the lower chakras. However, once the third eye awakens, we not never give up our spiritual practices.
If there is an obstruction to the third eye’s energy flow, it can cause problems like poor memory, hallucinations, neurological disorders of the brain, insensitivity, and arrogance, giving rise to the spiritual ego.
It is why we see some spiritual masters turning rogue. When they give up spiritual practices (like yoga and meditation) and get too involved in worldly affairs, they develop a spiritual ego, which is the worst of all egos.
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
- I am wise.
- I trust my intuition.
- The universe is guiding me.
- I’m the divine light.
- I’m surrounded by blue-indigo light.
- I’m infinite-unconditional-love.
- I’m being guided by the higher-self.
- I seek absolute truth.
Upon awakening, we gain the power of higher intuition. Intuition is the function of the soul and is independent of thought. While the scientific view is that our past experiences shape intuition, the spiritual perspective is that intuition is timeless. It was, is, and will always be there, but requires clarity of mind to be seen.
By combining yoga and meditation with affirmations, we can open our third eye. These affirmations should be practiced with full mindfulness and a strong intent to open the third eye.