Sacral chakra is said to be the center of pleasure and enjoyment. The root chakra is associated with our basic materialistic needs required for survival, whereas the sacral chakra further enables us to derive pleasure when our needs are met.
Sacral or Swadhishthana chakra is the second chakra of the spiritual body located near the region of the genitals (for both males and females) approximately two inches below the belly button.
Sexual gratification is a basic human need, but many people are not able to experience the joy of it simply because their sacral chakra is not functioning properly.
Having a balanced sacral chakra enhances your sexual experience and helps in improving your relationship with your partner by creating that emotional connection that was missing earlier.
The sacral chakra is associated with the power of creativity. It facilitates the process of creation of life by transferring the ‘prana’ (the life-giving force). The element associated with the sacral chakra is water representing fluidity and movement.
Water has the power to smooth out rough edges, and that’s what the sacral chakra does to us. It smoothens the rough edges around us and also the other people we know by giving us the power of emotional control.
People with imbalanced sacral chakra are unable to enjoy and experience the basic pleasures of life. They are rough with other people and often struggle with interpersonal relationships. Affirmations can go a long way in healing the sacral chakra.
What Are the Symptoms of Dysfunctional Sacral Chakra?
An imbalanced sacral chakra is either deficient or in-excess of energy (the prana). There are problems associated with both of these conditions.
Here’s a list of few symptoms that indicate an imbalanced within the sacral chakra:
- Dependency on other people (a sign of underactive sacral chakra)
- You’re too controlling and bossy (a sign of overactive sacral chakra).
- Lack of confidence.
- You often engage in daydreaming and fantasy.
- You are unable to manage and regulate your emotions.
- Fear of intimacy and a lack of sexual desire.
- You are shy.
- You try to manipulate others.
- You feel jealous of others.
- You’re unable to express your emotions.
- You feel yourself to be unworthy of pleasures of life.
- Anxiety and depression.
- You engage excessively in addictions like smoking, drinking, drugs, and more.
- You eat a lot of junk food.
- You lack creative thinking (you fail miserably even when you try hard to be creative)
- You often become anxious and aggressive.
- You struggle with decision making.
Some of the physical symptoms associated with imbalanced sacral chakra are as follows:
- Lower back pain (very common).
- Tiredness and fatigue.
- Depression and mood swings.
- Infection in kidneys.
- Prostate issues in men.
- Issues with menstrual cycles in women.
Practicing yoga is extremely effective in opening and healing the chakras and ensures overall wellness. Yoga International is offering online courses with a 30-day-free-trail. It has over 500 expert teachers in yoga therapy, anatomy, meditation, and more. Learn at your own pace and from the comfort of your home.
Affiliate Disclosure: If you click the link above and decide to purchase the course, I get paid a small fee that helps me to create valuable content for you, and it doesn’t cost you any extra amount.
Affirmations for Healing the Sacral Chakra
Now that you very well know about the sacral chakra, let’s take a look at some of the affirmations that can help you heal it.
These affirmations can be practiced anytime and anyplace. You can either speak out loud or silently repeat them in your mind. There’s no hard and fast rule as to the time they should be practiced.
I generally like to practice affirmations both in the morning and evening before going to bed. The idea is to keep repeating them repeatedly till these beliefs are ingrained within your subconscious mind, which will eventually remove the blockages.
Here’s the list of affirmations:
- I deserve to enjoy life.
- I’m peaceful inside.
- I’m a sexual being and I embrace my sexuality.
- My sexuality is sacred.
- I deserve sexual pleasure.
- I have no fear of intimacy.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I’m confident about my body and looks.
- I’m confident about my sexuality.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
- I will treat others with respect.
- I will respect other people’s boundaries.
- I will not allow anyone to violate my boundaries.
- I allow creative energy to freely flow within me.
- I’m not dependent on others.
It is believed that the sacral chakra is connected to our subconscious mind, and therefore, repeating affirmations every day can help in reprogramming the subconscious mind, which is believed to be the center of infinite potential and creativity.
Chakra Alignment/Healing Worksheets
If you’re serious about working on your energy body, I have a fantastic resource that can greatly help in your endeavor of clearing your energy blockages. It includes information sheets, alignment worksheets, and chakra affirmations printables.
You can check out the 7 Chakra Healing Worksheet Bundle (With Free Chakra Information Sheets)
- What Happens When Your Sacral Chakra Opens?
- Root Chakra Affirmations
- Solar Plexus Affirmations
- Heart Chakra Affirmations
- Throat Chakra Affirmations
- Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
Root Chakra Healing Course (Featured)
Reclaim your freedom and sense of security, stability, and vitality by harnessing the power of root chakra. Check out my Root Chakra Healing Course – Includes 1 hr audio (mp3), 25 minutes root chakra healing guided meditation track, and root chakra worksheets.