Throat chakra (Vishuddha) is the fifth chakra of the spiritual body located near the region of the throat and is associated with speech, hearing, and communication.
It helps in developing powerful communication skills, expressing yourself authentically without any doubt or fear, and generating the confidence to speak the truth.
Not only that, but it also heightens your ability to think creatively by sharpening the mind. It gives you the power to speak your mind by providing clarity in your thoughts.
Effective communication is the key to success in both personal and professional life, and healing your throat chakra by practicing affirmations enables you to achieve that.
How Does A Dysfunctional Throat Chakra Impact You?
There are two types of throat chakra imbalances: overactive and underactive. If the energy flow within the throat chakra is in excess, the chakra is said to be overactive, and if the energy flow is less, it is said to be underactive. Both of these conditions are undesirable and have their own associated problems.
Energy imbalance within the throat chakra can cause a wide variety of problems; some of them can manifest in the form of physical ailments while the others can be psychological.
Some of the physical symptoms that you might experience are as follows:
- Thyroid problems
- Soreness in the throat.
- Dizziness, tiredness, and fatigue.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Pain in the shoulder and at the base of the neck.
- Restlessness and anxiety.
- Mouth ulcers.
- Dental Issues.
Symptoms of underactive throat chakra:
- You feel scared of expressing your opinions to others for the fear of being judged, mocked, and ridiculed.
- You have weak focus and concentration.
- You’re unable to keep yourself grounded.
- You suppress your true thoughts and feelings.
- You’re bullied by people.
- You are a people-pleaser.
Symptoms of overactive throat chakra:
- You lack the ability to listen to other people (impatience).
- You constantly interrupt people while they speak.
- You have an overactive (racing) mind, and as a result, you make poor decisions in life.
- You are often perceived as loud, aggressive, and sometimes even arrogant.
- You’re never able to express your true thoughts and feelings.
- You showcase high confidence on the outside, but on the inside, you feel threatened.
Practicing yoga is extremely effective in opening and healing the chakras and ensures overall wellness. Yoga International is offering online courses with a 30-day-free-trail. It has over 500 expert teachers in yoga therapy, anatomy, meditation, and more. Learn at your own pace and from the comfort of your home.
Affiliate Disclosure: If you click the link above and decide to purchase the course, I get paid a small fee that helps me to create valuable content for you, and it doesn’t cost you any extra amount.
If you’re more interested in understanding how the throat chakra gets blocked and what are symptoms of blockage in greater detail, you can check out my article 7 Signs of Throat (Vishuddha) Chakra Blockage.
Affirmations To Heal The Throat Chakra Blockage
Practicing affirmations is a great way to clear blockages in the throat chakra. These affirmations can either be spoken out loud or silently repeated in the mind.
If you feel that your throat chakra needs healing, I would suggest you practice repeating affirmations every day for maximum benefit.
Although, you can practice affirmations any time of the day, but in my personal experience, it is best to repeat them either in the morning (first thing) or in the evening before going to bed, or both.
Morning time is said to be the best because we are well-rested after a good night’s sleep, and our mind is fresh. However, there’s no hard and fast rule to it.
The most important thing to understand here is that you should keep repeating these affirmations with full conviction, even if you don’t believe in some of them initially.
Here is a list of 20 powerful throat chakra affirmations that you can practice every day to heal your throat chakra.
- I speak truth.
- I listen to truth.
- I am the pure eternal consciousness and bliss.
- I trust others.
- I’m not scared to speak my mind.
- My intent is always clear and noble when I speak.
- My voice is clear and powerful.
- I feel compassion toward others.
- I don’t engage in gossips and criticism.
- I am grounded.
- I am pure awareness.
- I have access to my higher self for guidance and support.
- I am open to receiving messages from my angels.
- I am peaceful.
- I am full of creative ideas.
- I don’t interrupt others while they speak.
- I’m confident about myself.
- I have a sharp mind.
- What I do, I do it with full conviction and dedication.
- I am honest and authentic in my speech and actions.
Signs That Your Throat Chakra is Healing
You experience the following when your throat chakra starts healing:
- You feel more confident in expressing your thoughts and ideas.
- There’s great clarity in your communications. This ability reduces the chances of miscommunication with others and improves relationships in general.
- You feel more calm and relaxed.
- You can feel that your immune system has improved.
- You’re no more a people-pleaser.
- You no more like to engage in gossips and criticism. In fact, you cannot stand the company of people who do that.
- You are more creative in your work.
- Your mind becomes extremely sharp. Your power of focus and concentration greatly improves.
- You become more resilient emotionally.
- You’re able to keep yourself grounded in uncertain situations.
- The way you speak (and your choice of words and fluency) has a greater impact on people.
- You become more spiritual.
- You become a good listener.
- You feel greater compassion and empathy for other people.
In general, when your throat chakra opens up, you don’t obsess about your own personal goals and selfish agendas.
You start thinking in terms of doing something for the greater good of nature and humanity. You become more aware of your own self and the people around you.
Chakra Alignment/Healing Worksheets
If you’re serious about working on your energy body, I have a fantastic resource that can greatly help in your endeavor of clearing your energy blockages. It includes information sheets, alignment worksheets, and chakra affirmations printables.
You can check out the 7 Chakra Healing Worksheet Bundle (With Free Chakra Information Sheets)
You might raise a question here. What if I don’t believe in these affirmations I repeat every day?
That’s okay. I never believed in them get I got started, but after some point in time, it completed reprogrammed my subconscious mind.
Understand that you are the true unchanging eternal consciousness and bliss and have the power to create your own reality, and practicing affirmations is a great way to be mindful of that.
Root Chakra Healing Course (Featured)
Reclaim your freedom and sense of security, stability, and vitality by harnessing the power of root chakra. Check out my Root Chakra Healing Course – Includes 1 hr audio (mp3), 25 minutes root chakra healing guided meditation track, and root chakra worksheets.